NFS and the beowulf cluster.

Robert Sand rsand at
Thu Jun 28 14:39:11 EDT 2001

As reported yesterday I am still having problems with nfs on my cluster
when I have never had nfs problems in the past. I have added the
/etc/exports file and put all the nodes into the hosts file and added a
line for portmap in the hosts.allow file and I still get errors on both
sides of the equation.

On the master portmap reports this when a node tries to mount the /home

portmap[3185]: connect from to dump(): request from
unauthorized host

and in the /var/log/beowulf/node.# file I see:

node_modprobe: installing kernel module: sunrpc
node_modprobe: installing kernel module: lockd
node_modprobe: installing kernel module: nfs
mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
Failed to mount on /home.

Now in my hosts.allow file I have "ALL: 192.168." and I have "PORTMAP:
192.168." and in /etc/exports I have "/home node*(rw)" I also have an
nfs line in the /etc/beowulf/fstab that says:

$MASTER:/home   /home           nfs     defaults        0 0

What is wrong here?  I have each node listed in the /etc/hosts file too
and still nothing.  Any ideas what might be causing this?
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.