Scyld deosn't like my Thunder K7

Richard G Bose rgbose at artsci.wustl.edu
Thu Jun 28 12:19:00 EDT 2001

So I got a Dual athlon setup that I want to use as the master node.
Windows 200 and Redhat 7.1 work great and I have no problems with either.
But when I try to use Scyld 27BZ-7 I run into several problems:

1.  The onboard NICs aren't detected suring setup unless I have anothe pci
3com card present.  Even then I don't know if the onbaord Nics are working
properly.

2.  If I use the smp kernal it freezes at the point during startup when it
tries to detect the ide controllers and the disk attched to them.

3. If I disable the ide, install on a scsi drive, and use the smp kernal
it hangs at the same spot.

4. If I use the linux-up kernal and an IDE drive It goes OK.  If I use a
scsi it hangs where it's downlaoding  something from the scsi.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm pretty new to linux so spare no
detail.
THanks