Use of hubs not switches

Raymond, James (SCO) James.Raymond at
Thu Jun 28 08:30:56 EDT 2001

I am looking to put together a Beowulf cluster.  I have roughly 40
workstations of reasonable spec, enough network cards, network cables and
adequate power.  I do not have any switches but do have enough hubs to run
the proposed network.  Does anyone know if hubs are adequate enough to run a
Beowulf cluster??  I hope so as cash for switches is pretty limited at the
moment.  Hope to hear from someone soon.