forcing NIC's to full_duplex.

Robert Sand rsand at
Wed Jun 27 14:45:11 EDT 2001

I have a suspision that some latency problems I'm seeing on my cluster
are due to the NIC's not autodetecting correctly the switches settings.
Usually I have to add an 'options eth0 full_duplex=1' to the
/etc/conf.modules file to force this issue whenever I have a linux box
that needs to be at 100/full.

I am booting the nodes off of a local HDD. Is there a way to force the
nodes to do this?

Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.