Scyld: disabling mpi processes on master

Jarrod Smith jsmith at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jun 26 19:03:40 EDT 2001

I don't want to use the master as a compute node for MPI runs (by design,
it has slower processors than the rest of the cluster).  I've read some
things in the archive which hint at the fact that it is possible, but
nothing I've tried works.  There doesn't appear to be a -nolocal
option (despite posts from Scyld that it is in the mpirun
man page), and using bpsh to spawn the job doesn't work, because
there is no /var on the slaves, and the root process seems to want
to want to write some temp files there.

So...can it be done?  If so, exactly how?

TIA

--
Jarrod A. Smith
Research Asst. Professor, Biochemistry