Problem installing MPICH

Stephen Yam styam at hns.com
Mon Jun 25 14:48:18 EDT 2001

I have 2 nodes running Redhat Linux 7.1, and I am trying to compile
MPICH to run on them.  When I compile using the standard configuration,
I receive the following error message:

slog_irec_write.c: In function `SLOG_Irec_SetMinRec':
slog_irec_write.c:1171: `SLOG_nodeID_t' is promoted to `int' when passed
through `...'
slog_irec_write.c:1171: (so you should pass `int' not `SLOG_nodeID_t' to
`va_arg')
slog_irec_write.c:1172: `SLOG_cpuID_t' is promoted to `int' when passed
through `...'
make[7]: *** [slog_irec_write.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [sloglib] Error 2
make[5]: *** [libslog.a] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default] Error 2
make[3]: *** [build_libs_progs] Error 2
make[2]: *** [mpelib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mpi-addons] Error 2
make: *** [mpi] Error 2

Has anyone encountered this problem or know a solution?  It happens when
I try to make the source, I've tried several different configurations,
but none seem to affect the compiling process.  Thanks for your help.

-Steve Yam
Hughes Network Systems