Can we have a moment of silence (or several million dollars) . . . please?

Schilling, Richard RSchilling at
Mon Jun 25 13:40:58 EDT 2001

I sent the last one as HTML formatted. Here it is again in plain text. . .

Well, I just read the news I always hoped I'd never hear:

Compaq Abandoning Alpha Chip:

Now, I suppose if we gathered up several million dollars we might be able to
purchase the Alphachip and keep making Alphas?  Yeah, right . . .

But, if anyone cares to petition Intel to keep Alphas around, I'm game.

Richard Schilling
Webmaster / Web Integration Programmer
Affiliated Health Services
Mount Vernon, WA USA