comments on P4

Alan Ward award at
Fri Jun 22 11:59:23 EDT 2001

Dear all,

I'm about to invest in a small (8 node) P4 cluster. The choice of
processor has been decided by others, and makes some sense in our case.

However, the choice of motherboard is not yet fixed. So I would like to
hear about any experiences you may have had: which "standard" kernels
you know to work, and on which mobos, most of all which combinations do
not work.

Any difficulties in getting a vanilla RedHat or Mandrake to install?

Best regards,
Alan Ward