liquid nitrogen cooling a possibility?

Jeremy P. Mann jeremy at
Tue Jun 12 11:57:48 EDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Frank Joerdens wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:41:52AM -0400, Velocet wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> > For the money it may well be cheaper to just buy more nodes, wouldn't you
> > think? Run them at a slightly slower than dangerous speed and you've got more
> > computing power - you can place these extra nodes in the floor space otherwise
> > occupied by the chiller for your complex LN system. :)
> Most likely, yes. I was just curious and had only been able to find
> rather wacky experiments on various overclocker's pages. David's info:

Check out Kryotech for what things you can buy to overclock your cluster.
I'm not sure what liquid they use, but they were the first with a 1G
Athlon about a year ago. You could probably fine some of the used cooling
units used on Ebay. It was a 4-5 inch deck that fit under the case and
you had to drill holes in the bottom of the tanks to fit the cooling

Jeremy Mann
jeremy at