Sun Sparc

Chris Snow chris at baldric.uwo.ca
Tue Jun 12 09:53:33 EDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, clpoh wrote:

> I will start a project to configure a 4 node Ultrasparc cluster
> for benchmarking using pvmpov and NPB2.3, however this is the first time
> ever for me to even using a 64 bit machines. That's why I'm wondering
> how much and where are the differences while install PVM and MPI on
> Ultrasparc machines pls tell.Thank you.

I'm assuming these machines are running Solaris, not linux...

You should try and get GCC and GNU make for the machines. Using the Sun
compilers and vendor make is painful (at least when I tried it on solaris
2.6... things may have changed), but after I used GCC and GNU make it was
much better....

          Chris