Some newbie questions

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at
Mon Jun 11 10:02:13 EDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Roger L. Smith wrote:

> My primary point here is that the clustering community shouldn't get so
> caught up in dogma that they mislead self-proclaimed newbies as to the
> options that are available to them.  I realize that this list is named

This is not the issue at hand. There are a lot of different clusters out
there, and some of them are Beowulfs, and others aren't. You can use
whatever makes sense for your application. Just don't mix these.

> "beowulf", but it's in the best interest of those who are trying to
> further beowulf clustering to further all clustering, and to keep in mind
> that not everyone (especially newbies) particularly care about
> philosophical holy wars.

There can't be any holy wars nor philosophizing about a simple definition.
You might not like it, but it's there.

-- Eugen* Leitl
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53''