SAN/Clusters/SCSI...oh and a searchable archive.

Hoeffel, Thomas Thomas_Hoeffel at
Thu Jul 26 16:51:33 EDT 2001

Hi All,

While spending a little time recently researching SAN's and NAS's so our IT
group wouldn't try to put anything past us, I started to wonder if anyone
had implemented a small SAN on their cluster via scsi.I'm talking low cost
solution here.  I'm trying to avoid any addition myrinet-type card installs
in my nodes, but i do have scsi on each.

ps. any searchable archives out there. the seems to
have given up the ghost.

Thomas J. Hoeffel
Computational Chemistry
Chiron Corporation
4560 Horton St.
Emeryville, CA 94608
510.923.8346 office
510.923.2010 fax

** ** ATTENTION! This message contains information (including any appended information, such as copied or forwarded messages and attachments, and any message to which this is appended) which may be confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you for your assistance. ** **