Newbie question re Scyld, Fortran, mpilog

Russell Robinson R.Robinson at gns.cri.nz
Wed Jul 25 21:45:08 EDT 2001

I have Scyld installed on a test beowulf machine. The Scyld manual says that
to compile a fortran program use "f77 -lmpif -o foo foo.f". That works OK (with
an
additional -I/usr/include) until I try to use the mpich option "-mpilog". I then
get
an invalid option "pilog" error. It works OK if I instead use "mpif77 -mpilog
......"
after putting mpif77 in my PATH. The question is, will I get into some other
trouble doing it that way, or is there some way to use the Scyld recommended
f77 form with mpilog?