Suggestion for gcc build farm

Strange, John John.ws.Strange at marconi.com
Mon Jul 23 15:52:15 EDT 2001

Hey Everyone,

Welp I'm about to embark on my first cluster adventure to build a gcc farm
for our software developers, the goal of this project is to help distribute
switch builds across pc platforms that we have about 50 of.  Now my question
is that Beowulf seems to be a little much for something as simple or else
I'm drawing the wrong conclusion.  I am taking suggestions on what would be
the best way to go about building a gcc farm, would you use Beowulf or
another open source application.  I'm looking for something open source or
as close to free as I can get simply cause of budget restrictions.

Thanks,

John Strange
Network Analyst
Marconi Communications