list is alive (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at
Thu Jul 19 05:58:36 EDT 2001

How hot is this Cplant thing? I don't see scalability limits of Scyld for
instance, so I'd be thankful for any comments.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:57:12 -0600
From: Rolf Riesen <rolf at>
To: Rahul Dave <rahul at>
Cc: Stephen L. Scott <scottsl at>, extreme-linux at
Subject: Re: list is alive

  * Rahul Dave wrote on Wed Jul 18, 2001 13:32:22...
  > Rahul   May I add the Upenn project (where I work):
  > Rahul   ClubMask:
  > Rahul

I'd like to mention Cplant ( It is not for
everyone and requires quite a bit of expertise to get it running in
it's current (barely documented) form. But if you need something
that will actually scale to thousands of nodes, and not just in
theory, then Cplant is what you want.

p.s. And we don't need 6,000 floppies either ;-)

Rolf Riesen                              Email: rolf at rolf at
Scalable Computing Systems               rolf at
Sandia National Laboratories             WWW:
Org. 9223,  MS 1110                      Work:  (505) 845-7363
Albuquerque, NM  87185-1110              Fax:   (505) 845-7442