CCL:NAMD 2.3b2 Release Announcement (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at
Tue Jul 3 12:32:11 EDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53''

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:03:18 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jim Phillips <jim at>
To: chemistry at
Subject: CCL:NAMD 2.3b2 Release Announcement

|                  NAMD 2.3b2 Release Announcement                   |

                                                        July 2, 2001

The Theoretical Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois is
proud to announce the public release of a new version of NAMD, a
parallel, object-oriented molecular dynamics code designed for
high-performance simulation of large biomolecular systems.  NAMD is
distributed free of charge and includes source code.  NAMD development
is supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

NAMD 2.3b2 has several advantages over NAMD 2.2:

- AMBER file compatibility (parm and coordinate input only).

- The new psfgen tool for building PSF structure files.

- Simpler to run on a single workstation.  (No more rsh!)

- New ports to the Compaq AlphaServer SC and Scyld Beowulf.

- Improved serial performance, particularly with PME on Alpha.

NAMD is available from

For your convenience, NAMD has been ported to and will be installed on
both the PSC TCS1 Alpha cluster and the NCSA Platinum Linux cluster.
Please consider the performance advantages of running NAMD when you
apply for time on these new resources.  Benchmarks for your proposal
are available at

The Theoretical Biophysics Group encourages NAMD users to be closely
involved in the development process through reporting bugs, contributing
fixes, periodical surveys and via other means.  Questions or comments
may be directed to namd at

We are eager to hear from you, and thank you for using our software!

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
CHEMISTRY at -- To Everybody  | CHEMISTRY-REQUEST at -- To Admins
CHEMISTRY-SEARCH at -- archive search    |    Gopher: 70
Ftp:  |  WWW:   | Jan: jkl at