PVFS and Software RAID

online_hpc at tticluster.com online_hpc at tticluster.com
Sun Jan 21 16:33:05 EST 2001

I'm sure this problem has been discussed here, but maybe we could go over
it again.

Problem: I have four boxes with a 9 GB file system (/dev/hda7) in each
box. I would like to use them all to create one 18 GB file system that is
redundant. Is it better to use PVFS on two pairs of drives to create 2 18
GB file systems and then use Software Raid to make these redundant. Or is
it better to use Software Raid to make 2 9 GB redundant file systems and
then create the 18 GB file system with PVFS?

    Online and On Demand HPC
      Pay per Use CPU Time

Beowulf mailing list
Beowulf at beowulf.org