D-Link switch and ecc-memory.

Greg Lindahl glindahl at hpti.com
Tue Jan 16 12:57:23 EST 2001

> My best estimate is that our system corrects one single bit error (SBE)
> per week in 37.5 GB of ECC memory.  This translates into SBE event
> intervals of about 9 months per GB of RAM.  Your mileage may vary...

Josip neglected to mention that he is at sea level. If you are at a higher
altitude, you will see more errors.

CPlant's 2000 cpus have a total of something like 500 gigabytes of RAM. I
haven't computed the errors/GB/month (although we do monitor them, because
it detects bad motherboards), but with Josip's number, that would be an
interrupt every 12 hours.

-- g