Big Iorn

Per Jessen per at
Sun Feb 4 14:09:09 EST 2001

On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:30:48 -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:

>Hey, I have been hearing a lot of things about MVS, the inherant
>superiority of the 390, and all sorts of stuff about how all these big
>machines are so radicaly advanced that its not even funny...
>This has finally piqued my interest to the point where I now would like
>to know more about how these machines work and what they can actually
>Since this list is tangentaly related to that field I am sure there are
>at least a few here who could give me some useful pointers. =)

What would you like to know ?
I doubt if the z-server architecture is particularly advanced, but it's
probably on a par with other modern processors.
I've done system-level development (mostly assembler) for the 370 and
390 architectures for 10-12 years - ask away. I've done VM, MVS and TPF -
not much else runs on 390 - except for Linux now.

Per Jessen

Per Jessen