My apologies for the on-going problems with the beowulf.org domain

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Thu Dec 27 19:01:43 EST 2001

I apologize for the on-going problem with the beowulf.org domain.

The initial problem was the Excite at work shutdown, which took out both
of the nameservers for beowulf.org (as well temporarily disabling
scyld.com).

The problem continues because our administrative contact for the domain
has an email address ---- at beowulf.org, which obviously doesn't work when
beowulf.org can't be resolved.  Duh!  And we can't fix that because of
the infamous Network Solutions customer service.

We hope that this problem will be resolved by January 3 when we can
change the primary nameserver to point to an on-site machine.  Until
then the list can still be reached as beowulf at scyld.com, and the web
site by putting the following entry into /etc/hosts

    216.254.93.179  beowulf.org www.beowulf.org

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993