Intel Compiler

David Vos dvos12 at calvin.edu
Fri Dec 7 17:34:45 EST 2001

I'm trying out the Intel Compiler for Linux, but I can't figure out how
get the license thing working.  I installed the compiler in the default
location, and I copied over l_cpp.lic from the email I received to
/opt/intel/licenses/ but whenever I try to compile a simple program, I
receive:

icc: error: could not checkout FLEXlm license
checkout failed: Cannot find license file (-1,359:2 "No such file or
directory")

Intel's documentation makes it sound like this is all I have to do.  Am I
missing some step?

David