Boot from floppy?

Felix Rauch rauch at
Sat Aug 4 04:27:30 EDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 alvin at wrote:
> to make a bootable floppy is lota work if ya havent done it before
> ( need to strip things down to get it to fit into floppy )

I can second that. Once I did a combination of a floppy and a zip-disk
which together boot a small Linux system which runs completely in a
RAM-disk. If you really want to create your own combination of
boot-floppy and CD-ROM, my documentation might be helpful for you:

Felix Rauch                      | Email: rauch at
Institute for Computer Systems   | Homepage:
ETH Zentrum / RZ H18             | Phone: ++41 1 632 7489
CH - 8092 Zuerich / Switzerland  | Fax:   ++41 1 632 1307