FW: MPICH, malloc, and my impending assault of one (1) beowulf cluster

Chris Richard Adams chrisa at ASPATECH.COM.BR
Thu Aug 2 12:39:54 EDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Richard Adams
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 12:38 PM
To: 'mundy erik'
Subject: RE: MPICH, malloc, and my impending assault of one (1) beowulf

Hi Erik -

Admiting your abusiveness is the first and hardest step toward
healing..congratulations! I don't have a response to your problem, but
perhaps will run into that soon. Unfortuately I am just trying to get
the pi code to run.  If I may ask...

1) did you use the example that comes with the beowulf install - found
in \usr\mpi-beowulf\examples? That directory has a pi example, but I
can't get the Make to work.  Did you succeed? Can I just run MpiCC -o
pisamp cpi.c?

2.) DO you know of any documentation for those examples, or perhaps
could you share a reference to an MPI example.  I know C, but nothing
about MPI and just want some hello world examples.