Scyld problems

Bruno Barberi Gnecco brunobg at
Tue Apr 24 08:51:08 EDT 2001

	I installed scyld, but have been having problems to make it
run correctly. Although I can use bpsh to run things remotely and it
works, programs like mpi_mandel crash:

[root at rv00]# mpi_mandel
p0_1880:  p4_error: net_create_slave: bproc_rfork: -1
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Broken pipe
bm_list_1883:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2

	What may be the problem? I fount this previous message:
which describes exactly the problem I'm having, but there were no
replies. The poster thought that the problem was related to this

Beoboot installed on node 0.
Installing beoboot on partition 1 of /dev/hde.
mke2fs 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining
whether /dev/hde1 is mounted.

	Something else: I've been trying to run X on a client. I
copied XF86Config to the client's disk, and redirected the log
(because the default is in /var/log/). The problem is that X tries
to open /dev/tty0, which doesn't exist. What are the workarounds?

	Did anybody installed LILO on scyld clients?

	Last, but not least: is there a way to write in the Scyld
boot partition? It would be nice to create some symlinks.

Bruno Barberi Gnecco <brunobg at>
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore". - Poe