Debian vs RedHat config question.

Georgia Southern Beowulf Cluster Project gscluster at
Sat Apr 21 05:14:37 EDT 2001

I've been using RedHat 6.2 of the past year to build clusters and tinker
with.  Recently I've taken the plunge into Debian (Potato-2.2r3) world and I
find that some of the configuration is good bit different.  In particular,
I'm looking for an analogy in Debian.  In RedHat 6.2 (it may be different in
7.x), there is a file "/etc/sysconfig/static-routes" that helps bring up the
network routing very cleanly.  This file has worked quite well for me in
RedHat's boot and network initialization scripts.  However, I cannot find a
similar solution in Debian.  Can anyone help?  If I find I cannot live
without the file I may need to port the RH6.2 config scripts to mesh with my
Debian system.

Wesley Wells
Georgia Southern University
Project Administrator