BLAST or wu-blast for beowulf?

Douglas Eadline deadline at
Fri Apr 20 07:22:21 EDT 2001

On 19 Apr 2001, gregory j pryzby wrote:

> I am looking for infromation (w/o much success) to see if there is a
> version of BLAST that will run on a beowulf cluster.

We are working on such a version. I can agree with your search
results. There was very little information about
a message passing version o BLAST. It is however, threaded
and runs well on SMP machines.

Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.814.2800
130 Webster Street        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.814.5844
Bethlehem, PA 18015 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |