receiving multiple postings

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Wed Apr 11 20:02:09 EDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Mark Hahn wrote:

> Subject: Re: receiving multiple postings
>
> > In a possibly related issue to receiving late postings, I often receive the
> > same posting twice.
>
> me too, same header symptoms.  blueraja is a bit wrong...

The Beowulf list is moderated.  Peter and I have been sharing the
moderation responsibilities, and sometimes we don't correctly filter out
submissions that were submitted multiple times because the first on
didn't go thorugh.

You can minimize the problem by always submitting from your subscribed
email address to bypass the moderation.

The alternative to moderation is a dozen copies of the virus-of-the-week.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993