Node cloning: done!

Luca Frediani luca at
Fri Apr 6 06:55:30 EDT 2001

My cluster nodes are all identical so I decided to use SystemImager to
clone the nodes. The installation was very simple (I just followed the
instructions in the manual). I cloned the nodes either using the
"updateclient" command which requires an already running Linux system on
the hard drive of the client and also creating an autoinstall floppy from
which I booted the node.

Maybe, if my cluster will become larger in the future, the next nodes will
be no more identical so I should use another cloning software from the
ones suggested.

Thank you,
Luca Frediani.