Linux on Xeon

JParker at JParker at
Wed Apr 4 11:46:00 EDT 2001

G'Day !

I would be interested in some information on the subject of benchmarking
(souce code for tools is nice also ;-)

Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more
important than that !!!

"Robert G. Brown" <rgb at>
Sent by: beowulf-admin at
04/04/01 05:26 AM

        To:     <Hans_Skagerlind at>
        cc:     <beowulf at>
        Subject:        Re: Linux on Xeon

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 Hans_Skagerlind at wrote:

> Does anyone know where to find info about comparing/benchmarking Linux
> Xeon vs Pentium III processors?
> Thanks for advice!

Do you mean published results of existing benchmarks or how to go about
benchmarking yourself?  I don't have a Xeon handy so I've never run a
suite of benchmarks on one, but I have all sorts of information on
benchmarking and how to go about it, including the beginning of a site
collecting various benchmark tools (and links to tools).  If you want
the latter, let me know.

Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at