Beowulf Trivia Question.

Georgia Southern Beowulf Cluster Project gscluster at
Sun Apr 1 19:06:15 EDT 2001

I'm fully aware of the Beowulf epic, having read several translations,
associated literature, and films.  However, I do thank all of you for taking
a stab at Why? "Beowulf" and not "Thor", "Superman", "THX", etc.  One of the
quotes does clarify the name of D. Becker and Company's new venture "Scyld",
but I am interested in why call a cluster of PCs "Beowulf".  I think the
slaying Grendel by calling together the united forces of individual warriors
is significant, but maybe Don Becker and crew can answer this one.  Thanks
for the creative help.

Thank you,

Wesley Wells
Georgia Southern Beowulf Cluster