freezing system state

ketilf at ketilf at
Fri Sep 15 09:55:31 EDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> Can anyone point me towards information how I can snapshot the entire
> system state to hard drive, and have an option to restore it at boot
> time?
> If Linux can't do that yet, are there plans for putting support for
> suspend state into it?

Maybe what you are really looking for is a way to stop one or more
processes and save them to disk, instead of the entire system state. This
is a feature I would think could be extremely useful, but I'm not sure
anyone is implementing a way to do this. Anyone know?

Ketil Froyn                       	The probability of someone
University of Oslo			watching you is proportional
Norway  				to the stupidity of your action.

Beowulf mailing list
Beowulf at