Big RAM motherboards

Joel Jaeggli joelja at
Thu Dec 21 21:44:50 EST 2000

we use supermicro p6dgu (440gx u2w scsi) and p6dge (440gx no scsi) with 2
gb of ram fairly regularly (pc100 cas-2 registered ecc)...

the 440gx boards are now fairly old-school but proven technology.

we've recently purchased a number of msi 694d-ar boards with the via 694x
chipset... They should support 2GB of ecc dimms on a 133mhz fsb but we
haven't used them with more then 512MB (2x 256mb) so ymmv.

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Rich Grenyer wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for an Athlon/Pentium motherboard
> with a good reliability record and the ability to house 1-2Gb of RAM?

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja at
Academic User Services			     consult at
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.

Beowulf mailing list
Beowulf at