Scyld and eth conf

Donald Becker becker at
Thu Dec 14 12:24:08 EST 2000

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, David Leunen wrote:

> I just installed the Scyld 2.0 preview release CDrom on the master node.
> During the installation, I configured the eth0 for the external LAN, and
> I let the eth1(cluster LAN) untouched. During the first boot, I received
> 2 times the following error in /var/log/messages:
> insmod: Note: /etc/conf.modules is more recent than
> /lib/modules/2.2.16-21.beosmp/modules.dep

This message is not a problem.  It indicates that
 /sbin/depmod -a
hasn't been run recently.  It is run automatically during boot.

> On the second boot, it says:
> ifup: SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
> ifup: Determining IP information for et1...
> pumpd:....

There should more messages before this indicating a failed network driver

What network adapter do you have?
Did it work during the install?

Donald Becker				becker at
Scyld Computing Corporation