Memory leak in cluster NFS

Bjoern Rabenstein rabe at
Thu Dec 7 09:30:11 EST 2000

We just have tried ClusterNFS ( ).
We observe a significant memory leakage. (To prevent crashes, we have to
restart the nfs-server every couple of hours.)
There is an (unresolved) bug report on sourceforge
). But I am wondering why the memory leak was discovered so late. (The
current release of ClusterNFS is from November last year.) So perhaps the
problem occurs only under certain circumstances (big hard drives, special
file systems...).
Any experiences?
Bjoern Rabenstein * PhD student * Freie Universitaet Berlin * Fachbereich
Biologie/Chemie/Pharmazie * Inst. f. Chemie * Takustr. 6 * D-14195 Berlin
[email] rabe at                 [phone] +49-30-838-53484
[WWW]        [fax] +49-30-838-53464

Beowulf mailing list
Beowulf at