- Published on Monday, 31 October 2011 21:00
- Written by Douglas Eadline
- Hits: 1747
Hungry For Exascale ?
If you are attending SC11 and would like to a) eat a free breakfast, b) listen to experts answer questions and talk about exascale, c) try to win an ipad2 and, d) see what I actually look like in person, then please sign up for the Panasas and SICORP special event; The Road to Exascale Computing.
The event is sponsored by Panasas, the leader in high performance parallel storage, and SICORP, a Panasas Partner for implementing Panasas-based solutions. You are invited to a special breakfast event during SC11 where you can engage with industry luminaries who are on their way to making exascale computing a reality. Details below.
Your host for this complimentary breakfast will be Panasas CEO, Faye Pairman. The morning will feature a panel discussion to be moderated by HPC writer/practitioner (and ClusterMonkey), Douglas Eadline, and will include notable HPC innovators from Panasas and Los Alamos National Lab (LANL).
Date: Wednesday, November 16
Time: 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Location: Grand Hyatt Hotel (directly across from the convention center)
Room: Leonesa Ballroom
- Garth Gibson, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Panasas
- Gary Grider, Deputy Division Leader, HPC Division at LANL
- Henry Newman, Chief Executive Officer and CTO of Instrumental, Inc.
- Addison Snell, Chief Executive Officer of Intersect360 Research
- How long is the road to exascale?
- Will the U.S. government's 2018 exascale target be met?
- The challenges of delivering 10^18 Floating Point Operations per Second (FLOPS)
- System capabilities needed to deliver the required 70TB/s bandwidth
- The role that SSDs may play in exascale implementations
Space is limited so R.S.V.P. early. One lucky attendee will walk away with an AppleÂ® iPad2 - guaranteed!
Login And Newsletter